Our professional grade tool kit will include everything for proper installation of your window security film. Some of these tools are difficult to find and are required for the installation of window security film. *Tool kit can only be purchased with laminate order.
1. Blue Max Power Squeegee with an Unger professional grade handle
The blue max is required to remove excess
slip agent and water from underneath the laminate
during installation. The Unger professional handle gives
you the leverage needed to power squeegee out the
unwanted moisture under the laminate.
2. Lint Free towels are critical in the initial cleaning of your
glass prior to installation. The use of standard paper towels or
rags can leave pulp and unwanted particulates on the glass.
We include a roll of lint free shop towels.
3. You will need a cutting blade to cut the laminate so we have included a breakaway cutting blade. To keep a sharp tip you will
"break away" the cutting tip several time during installation.
4. 3" Scraping Blade- During the initial cleaning of the glass
it is important to remove and stickers, dirt etc. off the
glass surface. We have included a scraping blade to assist you with
cleaning the windows.
5. Slip agent- Nothing high tech here but you will need a
natural non alkaline soap (a.k.a baby shampoo) . Our instructions
will include the ratio to water.
6. We also include the spray bottle used in the appilication of the
7. A 5-Way Bumping tool is included for finishing the install process.
*Please Note: the scraper and spray bottle may vary slightly from those photographed as our vendors occasionally change.
** The tool kit only ships with a laminate order
What will you need ?
1. Straight edge (yardstick) aluminum preffered easily found at Home Depot or
2. Tape measure
3. Cutting Surface- 2 recommendations
A) Pressed hardboard or smooth tempered hardboard (Duratex or similar) with a smooth surface.
B) Piece of low pile carpeting
Both are inexpensive and easily found at your local hardware store.
C) Distilled water (not spring, drinking or tap)