Technical Specifications and performance information for ACE SL9 clear security
ACE SL9 Storm Defender window security laminates is made to withstand serious
pressures from storms and intruders. The following information details the technical
specifications for the SL9 Security Film.
SL9 Technical Specifications
|Number of Layers
||9 mil (.009 inches) or 229 microns
|Tensile Strength - The amount of force required to stretch
or pull laminate to breaking point.
||28,000 (pounds per square inch)
|Break Strength in PSI (pounds per square inch) - Amount of
pressure required to break through laminate.
|Miami Dade Small Missile Test
ACE security laminate has a unique pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive with
peel back adhesive liner. Not a water based adhesive as with other laminates.
This unique adhesive bonds with your window and avoids discoloration and or
peeling seen in water based adhesives. Buy ACE Window Security Laminate today.
SL9 Solar Properties
|Transmittance - Percentage of solar energy that passes through
|Reflectance - Measure of radiation absorbed in glass rather
than transmitted or reflected
|Shading Coefficient - Measure of solar energy transmitted
and absorbed by windows i.e the ability of the window to block solar energy
|% solar energy rejected
||17% (Helps save on cooling cost)
Third party testing results standards:
- ANSI-Z97.1 Impact Resistant Safety Glazing
- CPSC (consumer product safety commission)-16CFR, Part 1210 Cat I &
II- Safety Glazing
- ASTM E84, ASTM E90-97 ref to E413.87 and E1332.90
- Bombs- General Service Administration- GSA 1 & GSA 2 ltd.
ACE Window Security Films are resistant to the following chemicals:
- Hydrogen Peroxide- Bleaching Agent
- Ethel Alcohol- Wines spirits
- Sulfuric Acid- Fertilizers
- Mercurochrome- Antiseptic
- Acetone- Nail Polish, glues
- Ammonium- Used for etching glass
- Sodium Hydroxide- oven cleaner paint stripper
- Methyl Benzene- perfumes detergents
- Ammonia- Windex and other household cleaners
- Chlorine bleach- swimming pools laundry detergents
- Naphtha- Degreaser